Inclusion and SEND
The aims of Scientia Academy are guided by the Code of Practice for Special Needs and Disabilities and link with these key values:
- To reach high levels of achievement for all
- To be an inclusive school
- To ensure the identification of all pupils requiring SEND provision as early as possible in their school career
- To meet individual needs through a wide range of provision
- To attain high levels of satisfaction and participation from pupils, parents and carers
- To share a common vision and understanding with all stakeholders
- To give transparent resourcing to SEND
- To provide curriculum access for all
- To work towards inclusion in partnership with other agencies and schools
- To achieve a level of staff expertise to meet pupil need
We recognise that many pupils will have special needs at some time during their school life. In implementing this policy, we believe pupils will be helped to overcome their difficulties.
WHAT ARE SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS?
Definitions of special education needs taken from section 20 of the Children and Families Act 2014.
A child has special educational needs if he or she has learning difficulties that call for special educational provision to be made.
A child has learning difficulties if he or she:
Has a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age.
Has a disability which prevents or hinders the child from making use of educational facilities of a kind provided for children of the same age in other schools within the Local Authority.
Scientia Academy values the abilities and achievements of all its pupils, and is committed to providing each pupil with the best possible environment for learning.
Our SENCO is Miss Clare Wood, she can be contacted by
email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01283 248100