Cover Supervisor L3
Required for September 2019
Post: 1 x Cover Supervisor L3
Location – Scientia Academy, Mona Road, Burton On Trent, DE13 0UF
Employer - Reach2 Academy Trust
Contract - Fixed Term until 31/08/2020 renewable depending on funding
8:30am to 3:30pm (30 hours per week) Term Time only + 5 Inset Days
Salary - Grade 5 spinal point 16 to 20 actual starting salary: £12,719.55
About The Role:
Scientia Academy is a two form entry school for children aged 3 -11 years old. Our recent Ofsted Inspection rated us Good with Outstanding features. We have a strong, passionate and committed leadership team whose vision is shared with the rest of the staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision of whole classes during short-term absence of teachers. Under the guidance of teaching/senior staff, you will also be implementing work programmes, managing small groups of pupils for specific interventions and managing pupil behaviour.
The successful candidate should:
• have experience in supporting pupils at all levels and ability
• possess a NVQ or BTEC Level 2 in Teaching and Learning
• be enthusiastic, highly motivated, enjoy working with young children and be passionate about making a positive difference to children’s lives
• have a range of strategies to support learners of all abilities
• be able to work as part of a successful, hardworking, dedicated team.
In Return we can offer:
• well behaved and pupils who are committed to learning
• a commitment to supporting continuous professional development
• opportunities to work collaboratively with other schools
• an excellent leadership team to support and guide you
• exceptional facilities in a modern and safe learning environment
This is an exciting opportunity we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: Friday 26th April 2019 noon
Shortlisting Date: Monday 29th April 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 08th May 2019
Please return your completed application form to Marion Chimenes, School Business Manager, Scientia Academy, Mona Road, Burton on Trent, DE13 0UF or email
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01283 248 100
Scientia Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.