We are currently looking to employ a Catering Assistant. Please Click Here For Details
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – has been allocated to primary school head teachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this. A list of possible uses has been suggested.
Scientia Academy has decided to use the money to:
- employ specialist PE instructors to work alongside our teachers when teaching PE in order to strengthen teaching and learning in this subject across school
- support and engage the least active children in physical activities
- provide professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- increase pupils’ participation in the sports and physical activities
- provide pupils with after school sports clubs
- provide more opportunities for inter school competitions
- improve resources to support the development of the subject
The impact of the use of the grant will be reviewed at the end of the year.
|Key achievements to date:||Areas for further improvement and baseline evidence of need:|
|1. Improved quality of playtime and lunchtime sports activities.
2. Increased profile of physical activity being ‘fun’ and ‘exciting’ for our children.
3. Increased participation in competitive sport.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
|1. Target pupil premium and obesity – survey pupils through the Burton Albion Sports Programme.
2. Children are looking forward to more frequent inter school competitions supported through in school preparation and extra – curricular clubs.