We are looking to appoint a Site & Building Assistant to join our premises team. We are looking to appoint a hardworking, skilled, dependable and self-motivated individual. We also require a Teaching Assistant (Additional Needs Level 2) Early Years required to start as soon as possible Please click here for further details
Welcome To Year 1
End of Year Expectations for Year 1
Information for parents and carers on the end of year expectations for children in our school. The staff have identified these expectations as being the minimum requirements your child must meet in order to ensure continued progress throughout the following year.
All the objectives will be worked on throughout the year and will be the focus of direct teaching. Any extra support you can provide in helping your children to achieve these is greatly valued.
- Secure at phase 5 phonics.
- Identify which words appear again and again.
- Relate reading to own experiences.
- Re-reads if reading does not make sense.
- Re-tell with considerable accuracy.
- Discuss significance of title & events.
- Make predictions on basis of what has been read.
- Make inferences on basis of what is being said & done.
- Reads with pace & expression, i.e. pause at full stop; raise voice for question
- Knows difference between fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Write clearly demarcated sentences.
- Use ‘and’ to join ideas.
- Use conjunctions to join sentences (e.g. so, but).
- Use standard forms of verbs, e.g. go/went.
- Capital letters.
- Full stops.
- Question marks.
- Exclamation marks.
- Use capital letters for names & personal pronoun ‘I’.
- Write clearly sequenced sentences.
- Correct formation of lower case – finishing in right place.
- Correct formation of capital letters.
- Correct formation of digits.
- Count to & across 100, forwards & backwards from any number.
- Read & write numbers to 20 in digits & words.
- Read & write numbers to 100 in digits.
- Say 1 more/1 less to 100.
- Count in multiples of 1, 2, 5 & 10.
- Know bonds to 10 by heart.
- Use bonds & subtraction facts to 20.
Add & subtract:
- 1 digit & 2 digit numbers to 20, including zero.
- Add any three 1-digit numbers with a total up to 20.
- Solve simple addition & division with apparatus & arrays.
- Recognise half and quarter of object, shape or quantity.
- Sequence events in order.
- Use language of day, week, month and year.
- Tell time to hour & half past.
Parents & Carers
Parents can obtain more information about the curriculum by visiting the school and arranging a meeting with your child’s class teacher. We also hold regular curriculum coffee mornings and termly parent consultation days.
High Frequency Words
By the end of Year 1 and 2 all children should be able to read and write the following words.